FAQ

We are waiting for the questions about World Wide Navi and this forum. FAQ is included too.

FAQ

Postby kjp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:15 pm

These are 'Frequently Asked Questions' of World Wide Navi (can be updated by the administrator only).
Please post the normal questions from Q&A.
kjp
Site Admin

About Spec and Features

Postby kjp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Q. Even without World Wide Navi, I think we can find problem codes like 'char', 'printf', and string literals with text searching of other editors, IDE, or our own script.
Why do I need World Wide Navi and what is the defference between 'Analysis' and 'Text Searching'?

A. Analysis is aware of source code syntax and its rules have many options.
Simple text searching finds 'char' in comment blocks mistakenly, cannot check the parameter values of 'printf', and finds too many string literals not needed to be translated.
Of cource you might be able to create the scripts to do that, but it will take so much time and needs costs and using World Wide Navi can reduce your cost and work.

Q. World Wide Navi is a 'Translation tool'?

A. No, it's a 'Internationalization' (I18N) tool.
First of all, you should make your source code internationalized (able to handle any country data, time, and letters...) and after that, you can translate a culture specific data outside of souce codes (called 'Resources') into another one.
kjp
Site Admin

About License

Postby kjp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Q. Tell me about license expiration.

A. License expiration is from the license registration date to specified days after,
Not from the purchase date. Licenses can be purchased beforehand by required numbers, and they can be registered and used when they become required.

Q. Tell me about license continuing.

A. Purchase another license before the expiration, registering it extends the expiration.
For example, If 300 days passed after the 360 days Professional license registered and you register another 360 days Professional license, the expiration becomes 420 days = 360 days + 60 days. In this way, you can keep using products.
However, Continuous registration like above is limited to the same licenses only, note that registrations of different licenses overwrite the license with last one. (In the case above, If 300 days passed after the 360 days Personal license registered and you register another 360 days Professional license, the expiration becomes 360 days. The duplicated 60 days were ignored.)

Q. Tell me about repurchase of license.

A. After the license expiration, the license returns Free. If you want to use the commercial license again, purchasing another license like the license continuing let you use again. This enables you to use only 3 month every year, for example.
kjp
Site Admin

Technical Issues

Postby kjp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Q. I shutdown the OS withtout closing World Wide Navi or killed the process by task manager, and when I try to start World Wide Navi again, an error dialog appeared and it couldn't be done. What should I do?

A. Maybe the lock file exits. World Wide Navi creates the lock file after started and delete it before ended for preventing duplicated running.
Delete the lock file descriped in the error dialog.
This problem will be solved in the future.

Q. After installation, my splash got stuck. What's happened?

A. Maybe you have not installed JRE (java runtime).
Please install it from Sun MicroSystems site.

Q. My World Wide Navi feels slow. Why?

A. World Wide Navi supports only Sun MicroSystems JRE.
Any other JRE (e.g. GNU JRE) are not supported offically.
It has been reported that using GNU one made World Wide Navi slow.

Q. How can I report bugs and give our request?

A. Please contact us by our inquiry mail address or post in this forum (registered users only).
We are trying to get many opinions from users and improve our products every days.
kjp
Site Admin

About Forum

Postby kjp » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Q. What is the differences between the product page and the forum?

A. The product page is a place to broadcast the basic product information such as overview and demo, for the people who have not used the product yet. The forum provides more detailed information and place to exchange the information for the current product users.
kjp
Site Admin

Return to Q&A