MundoRec feedback

Post the features you want to be added or the points to be improved.
Forum rules
Locked items are already fixed or not to be fixed.
In posting, please write your version, build id, and license types.

MundoRec feedback

Postby Penny » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:12 am

Hello,

I am a localization engineer and recently evaluated MundoRec for use in our company. I think it has good potential but serious limitations currently and I wanted to share my feedback.

Things I liked about MundoRec:
- Being able to associate menu paths with screenshots.
- Viewing English and localized screenshots side by side.
- A visual guide to which menu items have had pictures captured and easy way to view them.
- The ability to create custom checklists and add comments.
- Simple, efficient workflow.
- The html report function.

Bugs I encountered:
- I was not able to switch between applications successfully. Our software consists of many standalone applications and we would need to test each one in turn. After scanning the menu and capturing images for our Interaction Client, when I moved on to our Interaction Voicemail the Menu Path Select button stopped functioning. I had to uninstall and reinstall MundoRec in order for the button to start working for Interaction Voicemail, and once I was done with it and wanted to move to Interaction Fax, the button stopped working again.
- The Scan Menu function did not work correctly for 2 out of the 3 applications I tested. It did not scan correctly for Interaction Client and Interaction Fax, which are the more complex applications. It only found the main application console and none of the menus. It only worked for Interaction Voicemail which is smaller and simpler.
- I created a custom check and named it Truncation. It did not save this name, so under the GUI Check List next to the image there was a checkbox with no title.
- It would not create a .pdf report. If it is missing required software (Adobe?) it did not give me an error or notice of any sort - the .pdf report was just not created at all.
- The .csv report contained corruption for the Hebrew text in it and the links to the pictures did not work.

Feature Request:
- The most severe limitation that MundoRec has which makes it useless for our software is that images can only be captured and associated with a specific menu item. Our software is complex - each Menu item opens a dialog which may contain several other sub-dialogs inside it and tabs. Being able to only take a single picture for each menu item severely limits its usefulness to only very basic, simple software. My suggestion: allow users to add sub-menu items and name them. For example, under the Tools > Options menu item I want to be able to add Tools >Options > Advanced Options for the Advanced dialog that is accessed through the Options dialog. If the Advanced dialog contains 3 tabs, I want to be able to add menu items for all 3 tabs so I can capture them as well (eg. Tools > Options > Advanced Options > Tab 1 etc). Allow users to add these menu items after scanning the menu the first time and also as they are working and discover a dialog that is not listed in the menu.
- It is very difficult to highlight and annotate issues with just a pencil. It would be great to be able to type text in the screenshot and have a highlighter to highlight areas with.

I think MundoRec has good potential to be a very useful testing tool with the above enhancements.

Penny
Penny

Re: MundoRec feedback

Postby J.O. » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi, Penny.

thank you so much for your detailed feedbacks and sorry for late reply.

Your feedbacks and suggestion are very helpful for us, so we'll reflect them in our current development.

I reply to some of your comment.

Penny wrote:Things I liked about MundoRec:
- Being able to associate menu paths with screenshots.
- Viewing English and localized screenshots side by side.
- A visual guide to which menu items have had pictures captured and easy way to view them.
- The ability to create custom checklists and add comments.
- Simple, efficient workflow.
- The html report function.

Thanks. This tool was requested by one of our partner localization staff like you,
so you would be a person who we want to make happy ;)

Penny wrote:Bugs I encountered:
- I was not able to switch between applications successfully. Our software consists of many standalone applications and we would need to test each one in turn. After scanning the menu and capturing images for our Interaction Client, when I moved on to our Interaction Voicemail the Menu Path Select button stopped functioning. I had to uninstall and reinstall MundoRec in order for the button to start working for Interaction Voicemail, and once I was done with it and wanted to move to Interaction Fax, the button stopped working again.
- The Scan Menu function did not work correctly for 2 out of the 3 applications I tested. It did not scan correctly for Interaction Client and Interaction Fax, which are the more complex applications. It only found the main application console and none of the menus. It only worked for Interaction Voicemail which is smaller and simpler.
- I created a custom check and named it Truncation. It did not save this name, so under the GUI Check List next to the image there was a checkbox with no title.
- It would not create a .pdf report. If it is missing required software (Adobe?) it did not give me an error or notice of any sort - the .pdf report was just not created at all.
- The .csv report contained corruption for the Hebrew text in it and the links to the pictures did not work.

Thanks for detailed bug report.
As you mentioned, the capturing process has some limitation and bugs, but we are fixing and improving them.

Penny wrote:Feature Request:
- The most severe limitation that MundoRec has which makes it useless for our software is that images can only be captured and associated with a specific menu item. Our software is complex - each Menu item opens a dialog which may contain several other sub-dialogs inside it and tabs. Being able to only take a single picture for each menu item severely limits its usefulness to only very basic, simple software. My suggestion: allow users to add sub-menu items and name them. For example, under the Tools > Options menu item I want to be able to add Tools >Options > Advanced Options for the Advanced dialog that is accessed through the Options dialog. If the Advanced dialog contains 3 tabs, I want to be able to add menu items for all 3 tabs so I can capture them as well (eg. Tools > Options > Advanced Options > Tab 1 etc). Allow users to add these menu items after scanning the menu the first time and also as they are working and discover a dialog that is not listed in the menu.
- It is very difficult to highlight and annotate issues with just a pencil. It would be great to be able to type text in the screenshot and have a highlighter to highlight areas with.

About menu and image matching, other users gave us some requests for more complicated software and situation, too.
We are changing UI and considering more useful features like adding text notes in the image.

Penny wrote:I think MundoRec has good potential to be a very useful testing tool with the above enhancements.

We'll try to make new MundoRec that can serve your purpose.

When we release the new version, we'll inform you by email, so please watch our status.

Best Regards
J.O.
J.O.

Re: MundoRec feedback

Postby Penny » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:47 am

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I am glad to know my feedback was useful to you and look forward to the new version.

Regards,

Penny
Penny

Return to Feature Request